Dining on the patio.

HISTORY ~ BURLINGTON GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB

The Burlington Golf and Country Club was incorporated through the efforts of a number of prominent Hamilton and Burlington citizens in 1922. The first nine holes were opened in 1923 with the completion of eighteen holes and a clubhouse in 1924.

The undulating topography of the property with its sandy loam and attractive location on Hamilton Bay offered exceptional natural raw material for the design of a golf course. Today's challenging layout, still essentially that designed by Stanley Thompson, Canada's leading contemporary golf course architect, was constructed under the watchful eye of Andy Anderson, the club's first professional, who himself had a fine record of golf course construction in his native Scotland.

Clubhouse

The first clubhouse, designed in a traditional style, was erected on the highland near the southeast boundary. The view of the Bay and City of Hamilton commanded such attention that the original Prospectus enthused, "A more beautiful or more wonderfully entrancing situation would be impossible to imagine".

In 1969 the original clubhouse was replaced by a larger, more modern building and a new pro shop was added in 1989.

In October 2005 the Members voted in favour of building a new clubhouse. Our award winning clubhouse was completed in July of 2008 and new state of the art Curling Rink Floor in 2011.

Burlington Golf and Country Club counts winners of Provincial and National titles among its past and current membership. We have hosted the Men's and Ladies, C.P.G.A. Championships and many G.A.O. Championships. Our annual Burlington Invitation traditionally attracts the finest amateur golfers in Southern Ontario and Western New York State.

Curling

In 1959, a modern curling rink with a unique floating slab was added to provide six sheets of ice. The total curling facility including lounge and locker room service is acknowledged to be among the finest in Southern Ontario.

BGCC is committed to the future of curling at the club with an investment over $1 million dollars in a new curling floor which opened in the fall of 2011.